Unravel the secrets of the Colosseum on this exclusive skip-the-line underground tour. Pass by the partially reconstructed arena and you will come across the remnants of the pulley, which once hoisted the combatants. This is the less-explored part of the Colosseum, its underground area. Make your way to the old dungeons, where the gladiators were kept. Learn about the historical tales of this amphitheater, which used to be occupied by 80,000 people. Walk through the winding trails, where the gladiators prepared for their battles. Visit the second floor and get a bird's-eye view of the arena as well as the rest of the Colosseum.
After your tour to the underground of the Colosseum, follow your guide to the Roman Forum. Initially referred to as the "Forum Magnum", it was a marketplace during the ancient and medieval period. Marvel at the ancient ruins, structures, and monuments that have been still been preserved till this day. Following this, trek to the Palatine Hill situated 40 meters above the Roman Forum. Get a spectacular view of the city, the Roman Forum, and the Circa Maximus from the hill.
Note: This tour won't be available on the following dates:
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. - Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide. - If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Meet your host at Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Roma RM, Italy.
- It is an open square right above the COLOSSEO underground METRO STATION.
- Turn left if you’re exiting the metro station and then climb the staircase to get on to Largo Gaetana Agnesi.
- Your host will be waiting there, wearing a BLUE City Wonders polo shirt or jacket anf holding a sign for easy recognition.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Largo Gaetana Agnesi.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Nearest metro station is Colosseo, which is 2 minutes walk from the Colosseum
- Line B (Blue line) of the Rome Metro stops at this station every few minutes. It connects the northeast to the south of Rome, from Rebibbia to Laurentina.
- Directions from inside the Metro Station: Upon exiting the turnstiles of the metro, take an immediate right down the tiled hall to the escalator/stairs within the metro station. At the top of the escalator, go to the right and up the short flight of stairs to exit. Turn left and take the stairs ahead on the left to the small, oval-shaped “square”, Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the metro with views of the Colosseum.
- For more information on Public Transportation in Rome click here.